Saved as favorite Save as favorite

Restauration Gubbhyllan

Gubbhyllan lies at the foot of the Skansen escalator. It was built in 1816 and served principally as a summer residence until 1852 when it was acquired by a pastry cook called Wilhelm Davidson. He opened a Swiss café selling cakes and apertifs. Now Gubbhyllan is home to the Restauration Gubbhyllan, with excellent food and coffee, healthy drinks and delicious cakes.

Opening hours

Today 10/7 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat 11/7 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun 12/7 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Mon 13/7 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tue 14/7 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Show all Opening hours ›

The Skittle Alley (Kägelbanan) to the side of Gubbhyllan is a copy. Skittles were very popular in Sweden during the nineteenth century. It was common for pubs, inns, factories and country houses to have their own skittle alleys.

The Garden Pavilion (Trädgårdspaviljongen) by the
Skit­tle Alley was moved to Skansen from central Stockholm where it was
erected in 1879. The framework is of cast-iron with transomed windows
and the building is ten metres long and two and a half metres wide.

The Gubbhyllan area

Food & drink